Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Typical Day


Hola Como estas? 

It feels just like yesterday I wrote you guys back. That’s how fast the weeks are going by here. Only 2 more weeks in the CCM (MTC)! It’s crazy I almost feel like 2 years isn’t enough for a mission but then I really think about it and two years is quite awhile. But I will be home before you know it.

This is what a typical day is like. 

6:30 Wake up
7:00-7:30 Breakfast
7:30-8:30 Personal Study
8:30-9:30 Additional Study (same thing as personal study) haha
9:30-10:00 Demonstrate Teaching
10:00-11:00 Companion Study/ Progressing Investigator (this is where we teach our fake investigator)
11:15-12:30 Language with a teacher
12:30-1:30 Lunch 
1:30-2:30 Language study on our own
2:30-3:00 Tall (its a program on the computer for Spanish)
3:15-4:45 Physical Activity (gym)
5:15-6:00 Dinner 
6:00-7:00 Companion Study/ Progressing Investigator (teach another lesson to fake investigator) all in Spanish
7:00-8:00 Language Study with another teacher (so we have two teachers one in the Morning and one at Night) 
8:00-9:00 Coaching Missionary Study 
9:00-9:30 Daily Planning 
9:30 Family Prayer (which is with everyone here)
10:30 Bed Time 

That's our calendar for the day and that is pretty much everyday. But tomorrow we get to go to the University and try to talk to people and hand out flyers for the missionaries that can help them. Anyways, by the end of the day everyday my brain kills and is ready for bed and some sleep. Usually when I hit the pillow I am out in 30 seconds. I usually get to bed around 11 because I have to read my scriptures and study some Spanish verbs before I go to sleep. Usually my brain hurts so bad and is so tired I can’t stay focused. But I have been doing a lot better in Spanish. I think the reason why I am doing a lot better is because of those extra minutes of studying I am doing at night. My teacher told me yesterday that I have the best pronunciation in the class. Which was a surprise. I think its because I know how to roll my R's and nobody else knows how to haha.

Yes I get quite a bit of emails. But I feel bad because I write them and I’m sure a lot of them don’t make sense because I’m trying to learn a new language and by the end of the day all I can think is Spanish things. Which I guess is a good thing. 

But I hope everything is going well and I love and miss you guys so much!! Talk to you guys next week…

Love, Elder Medrano








1 comment:

  1. I am laughing because in one of Zac's last letters he mentioned he excels in the understanding of Spanish but his pronunciation is not so great. He can't roll the R's, doesn't surprise me since he was about 17 when he finally decided to learn how to whistle properly and then it took MUCH practice! If they could combine efforts they'd be perfect! The days sound very busy but I am glad they are thriving and learning. Best wishes to Ricky :)

    ReplyDelete