Thursday, October 3, 2013

First El Libro de Mormon & First Swing

Everything is going well here!! I know its crazy to think that I already have two months down even though this month felt like its been 2 years but they usually say that the first month in the field feels like forever! So I am glad that I am past the first month and they also say that the months start to go buy a lot faster after the first month!! Holy cow there’s already snow?! DANG it I’m so mad that I miss two skiing seasons it looks like this year might be a good year for skiing! I am freaking missing it but that’s alright I am doing something better! 

My companion said that he's ready to go home but he doesn't want to worry about it because he said that I was an answer to his prayers.  The last companions that he has had have been kind of lazy and  didn't work hard. He prayed that in some way he wanted to finish the misssion strong and working hard so he wouldn't regret it. One day the President came up to him and told him that he received a revelation that my comp wanted to finish his mission strong! The President told him the best way to do that is to train some greenie which is what he is doing now. ha 

My shoes and feet are doing amazing!! Although I would like to buy some shoes that are $50? I love this country because everything is so so cheap!!! Ohh yeah don’t get mad at me when I come back with about 25 new hats?! haha I acutally got a hair cut in the CCM and I am going to get a hair cut right after this when we are done here. My hair is getting poofy!  We just did a cleaning in our apartment this week. The tub where the shower is was so filthy and then I got in it with a scrubber and the thing looks brand new now. We cleaned the floors and so our house is pretty clean right now. Just to tell you how dirty it was it took me 2 hours to clean everything off of it.. yeah it was that dirty!! 


I gave out my first EL LIBRO DE MORMON to a girl named Naomi. We really aren’t suppose to give a LDM to an investigator until a couple lessons in but our first folleto The Restoration talks about the Book of Mormon, we didn’t think that she would read the whole thing but she did and she understood everything besides the Apostisia (sorry i don’t know how to spell it in english so that’s in spanish). Anyway we felt that she wanted to read more about it and so we gave her a LDM (Libro De Mormon) and gave her the first chapter to read and every time we are there in her little home she is always happy to see us and loves to talk to us and her kids are so shy it’s cute but they are starting to open up and they are starting to talk to us more and more. :) That was my first LDM placed in this country. I was so happy and excited. Hopefully she can be baptized while I am here so I can say that I taught and baptized her. Hopefully that will work out but we will see. :) 

My first SWING in the DR! I took my first baseball swing at a baseball field here. They just barely made a baseball field where I am working. It’s not nice but hey it’s a baseball field. We came from a lesson and we had like 20 minutes to chill and relax because our next lesson was just down the street from the baseball field (they call it a ¨play¨ here) so we just sat down and watched some kids play for a min. Then my comp got up and called one of the kids over here and asked if we could take one swing. He went first and missed the first pitch and hit the second one up the middle. Then it was my turn to swing the bat. I got up and thought in my head that I am going to miss so I took my first swing and missed the ball completely. Then the second pitched came in and I did the same thing as the first one. I thought oh great I just lost all my baseball skills right there. So he threw another one and I fouled it off and then the next one came in and I hit it finally - it was a good hit into the left field gap and it went into the river that was behind the baseball field.  I felt so bad and didn’t have an extra ball on me to give them. I told them I’m sorry. But I had to laugh about it because they were all laughing at me when I missed the ball. :) haha 

Mi testimonio-

I know that this church is true! I know that the Bible and Book of Mormon are true writings of the prophets and true writings of God himself. I know that our Savior lives and I know that he died on the cross to feel all of our sins and the pains that we would go through in our life to come. I love being his representative of the gospel and I love to be a missionary. It was hard for me to leave my family and friends for two years but I know with all my heart that it was my time to go and it was the right decision for me to go on a mission before school started. Even though I had to give up a couple of college offers for baseball, I prayed about it and He gave me an answer. I knew from then on out that He wanted me to go on a mission to serve His people and bring the lost sheep back to him. I am so grateful to be serving a mission in the Republica Dominicana. Even though I am having a hard time with the language I know He put me in this position for a reason and I am here to find that reason out and I know that it is one of the trials in my life that He wanted me to go through. It was so hard for me to leave but I know that it was my time to serve the Lord and to be a full time representative. I know that while I’m gone that He will bless my life and my families lives. I know that God knows every single one of us and He has a plan for all of us. He has the most perfect plan for all of us after our lives are done here on the earth. I am so grateful again to be a missionary and to bring his lost sheep back to him. I love this gospel so much and I am grateful to teach it to others!! :) En el nombre de tu hijo Jesucristo, Amen. 

Well
 - love and miss you guys lots!!! Thanks for all the love and support!! I can’t thank you guys enough!!  

Love, 

Elder Medrano 

No comments:

Post a Comment